When you visit Sōl Dental, rest assured that you are in space that is clean and comfortable. We always employ rigorous sterilization standards in our office to protect both you and ourselves. We're staying on top of the latest information on sterilization so that you will have peace-of-mind during your visit.
We use tools are sterilized before they are packaged and are kept sterilized before your appointment. Disposable instruments are discarded immediately to prevent contamination of the space. We wear disposable masks and gloves at all times.
When you come in for your appointment, feel free to ask us about any questions you have about how we maintain a clean environment and a hygienic patient experience for you.
We've reopened our practice in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. Our team has had additional training to ensure our processes meet or exceed sanitation and sterilization standards of care, and we have elevated our infection control procedures in response to this time of global concern. You can visit our practice with confidence, knowing we are taking additional measures to provide for the safety of our patients and our team:
- Elevated infection control standards including the thorough sterilization and disinfection of treatment rooms and instruments between each patient.
- Preemptive screenings - All patients and staff members will be screened and have temperatures taken upon arrival. Patients will be asked to complete additional health history information.
- Curbside check-in - All patients will be asked to come to the office door upon arrival for an appointment and wait for a staff member before entering the practice. It is important that appropriate steps are taken to minimize the number of people in our office and complete specific screening steps prior to entering, in accordance with CDC, state and O.S.H.A. regulations.
- Continued social distancing practices - Once you check in for your appointment, please wait outside the office and we will text or call to let you know the team is ready to begin your appointment. Companions of patients will be asked to wait outside of the office during a patient's appointment. One parent or guardian will be allowed to accompany a minor patient.
- Adherence to standard sterile healthcare environment protocols including hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, masks, face shields, eyewear), respiratory hygiene, sharps safety, safe injection practices (when applicable), sterile instruments and devices, and clean and disinfected environmental surfaces and common areas.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask to their appointment if possible.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking increased precautionary measures regarding infection control as the safety of our team members and patients continues to be our top priority. As recommended by the American Dental Association, we are implementing procedure code D1999 for increased PPE usage for all appointments. Please be aware that your insurance may not have added this procedure code to your plan as a covered benefit and may result in a maximum charge of $20 to the patient.